Sunday, October 14, 2007

Merde

Rugby, dear friends.
Anyone ever taken an interest in it? Didn't think so.
Why would anyone care about rugby? Beats me. But the french people, preposterous as always, do. Of course.
I tried. I really tried to stay out of it. But, in case you failed to notice (which you probably did), the world cup in rugby is currently organized in france. It is impossible not to hear every little think about it. So, I thought, what the hell, might as well take the opportunity to observe a part of the french culture. Said and done, yesterday I went to town to watch the rugby match between france and england. I was in the company of two french couples and an iraqi dude. All of them are over 30. (By the time I get back to sweden I'll feel like 35 probably).
Half the town was on the square staring at a big screen, and the other half were un the numerous bars and pubs staring at slightly smaller screens.
I tried to understand and take an interest for about 6 minutes. The remaining 74 minutes were spent observing people and trying to figure out my life.
It was a quite tolerable evening after all, followed by tea and cheeze in the house of one of the couples.

Oh yeah, France lost.

The main event of today was me deciding to take a walk. But what a walk. I discovered that I live 10 minutes from what is possibly the prettiest walking path I have seen in my life. Photos coming soon.

In the mean time, pictures from the city cemetery! :

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha jag känner igen det, vart man än vände sig, eller tittade var det den här jäkla obegripliga rugbyn!!! Förstår inte heller tjusningen men nu är det ju utslagna iaf... *mouhahaha* Och för att knyta an till ett annat inlägg- ja det är lättare att prata franska med icke fransmän så att säga... :p
/Malin